AUSTRALIAN CEDAR H T JONES SIDEBOARD
Australian cedar sideboard cabinet made H T Jones and son cabinetmakers and upholsterers
Henry Tucker Jones (C1831-1904) of Parramatta also supplied furniture for the Lands Department and other government departments.
His business at the Old Race Course was listed as operating around 1867 until 1885 when he relocated to Prospect and Sherwood.
The cabinet is well constructed with an interesting door locking system of two hinged doors and a sliding central door panel. The cabinet has a fitted interior which includes shelves, dividers and pigeon holes.
The paper makers label is still attached to the interior and the remnants of paper labels of builders and plumbers in the Newcastle area are evident inside the doors.